Thursday, April 10, 2008

About YOU Thursday!

Greetings!  My name is Rosemary and I am a Professional Life Coach.  I was very excited when Vish asked me to do a weekly piece here on Thursdays at Magic Smoke.  

 

My AOL Journal Inspirations is filled with coaching tips.  My mission statement is "A little about me and a lot about you!"  I hope my entries here at Magic Smoke will Inspire you to challenge yourself to clarify your dreams and make them a reality.  I hope to help you see the beauty that lies within you.

 

If you are like me you enjoy getting to know people when you read their Journals.  I thought with my first here I would do two things.

 

1. Explain what a Life Coach is and what you can expect to read.

2. Give you a little bit of background about myself

 

Life Coaching had been around for quite some time, however it is currently being recognized by the public as a cutting edge solutionto many of today's challenges.  Coaching is not Therapy. 

 

Therapy                                               

Asks "Why and from Where"                               

Is insight oriented                                                  

Emphasizes Past & Present                                   

Focuses on healing and understanding                         

 

VS

 

Coaching

Asks "What's Next?"  "What now?"

Is action oriented

Emphasizes present and future.

Focuses on direct potential, healing is a side effect

 

 

Coaching doesn't try to "fix" you as I believe there is nothing wrong with you.  I believe you already have all the answers.  My job as a coach is to ask you the right questions so that ou can discover what you already know.

 

I challenge you to find the answers.  If I make you feel uncomfortable, or if you are heading into uncharted territories then I am doing my job correctly.  The answers and challenges come from within your own mind, heart and soul.  I simply help you to recognize them.

 

Sometimes you may try something new and "fail".  In coaching I do not see this as a failure.  It is an opportunity to learn and grow.  Most times people look at failure and give up.  In coaching you will learn to look at failure the way that Thomas Edison did  "I have not failed.  I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."  The entries that you will find here will find here are meant to challenge you to see the beautiful potential that lies within you."

 

Now a little about me.

 

I am 44 years old and have been coaching for 12 years.  I have been married for 22 years.  I have two boys ages 21 and 19, and a girl age 13. I grew up on the road between New York and Florida and I now live on Long Island in New York.  If you want to learn a bit more check out 100 things about me

 

Starting Next Thursday I will have a weekly challenge for you.  If you would like to get some prep work in ahead of time visit Inspirations for clues as to what it will be.

 

For more information about coaching you can visit my web site at Attitudes Life Coaching     

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

This is great I can't wait for the next entry
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I grew up on Long Island and my family is still there.  Where are you and do you see people outside of JLand??

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Glad you are going to be doing these entries at Magic Smoke, Rosemary.

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Very nice Rosemary. By the way, I would have never guess your age...you look great.  This is a nice thing for J-Lander's and you are the best one to do something like this.  Best of luck Sweetie.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading your weekly posts!
Ü
Marie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're on here and doing this, Rosemary!!  Congrats once again.

But I do need to clarify what you wrote about therapy since I am in fact a therapist.   Your definition of what therapy does vs life coaching is not accurate.  There are so many different types of therapy.   Many do indeed focus on the very thing you say they do not.   It would be more accurate if you compared life coaching to traditional therapy (or psychoanalytic therapy) rather than therapy in general.
Thanks for "listening".
I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

this is going to be a great thing to read every week, Rosemary! I'm glad Magic Smoke/Vish decided to have you do this!! I'm excited for what is ahead

thanks for explaining exactly what you do and the difference between that and therapy

off to your other journal to check out the clues

betty

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to reading your entries Rosemary.
Jeanie  xxx

Anonymous said...

I love your tags, Rosemary.  Especially bubble gum, rubber gloves and dirty socks!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to your Thursday entries!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

looking forward to reading your entries here rosemary. mrs t xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mleppard06/eternity/

Anonymous said...

h