Tuesday, April 29, 2008

concerning "What's the Caption? Wednesday"

Krissy and I are aware that some issues have sprung up concerning "What's the Caption? Wednesday".  Some of you aren't happy about some things.  We have spoken about these issues.  Krissy and I thought long and hard when we created this game.  We took a few weeks to post our first installment.  Our first objective of the game as always is FUN!!  We realize that not everyone will agree with the captions chosen.  What is best is subjective.  How are the captions chosen?  We have a panel of four judges.  They study the picture before even looking at the captions.  The first priority would be - Does the caption fit the picture?  Second, does it make one laugh, think, ponder, etc.  It is what the judges get the strongest reaction from.  This is subjective.

Krissy and I have decided to invite one guest judge from JLand periodically to get a fresh mind on the panel.  You should see the judges squabble each week!  LOL  It is no easy task!

Why do we only have three or four captions to vote on?  If there are anymore it would become too complicated.  We want this to be fun and run once a week.  If we listed all captions, it would go on longer than a week, and wouldn't one only vote for their own caption?

I will be posting a picture tomorrow morning.  Do have FUN and remember it is just a game.  Thanks so much.  Val and Krissy =)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is a great idea (guest judge).  Hopefully, this will help.  Thanks for keeping it positive!

Anonymous said...

I think it is a fun game just the way you are doing it and you two are doing a great job with it. Paula

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I think you guys are doing a great job and it is a lot of fun.
Missie

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a very reasonable way of doing it.  I think it's very fun, and enjoy reading everyone's captions.
Lori

Anonymous said...

i love reading the captions...and also voting from the 3. i think it is run fine. anyone who has a problem with it needs to keep in mind it is OPTIONAL. it is a light, fun game....you have a problem with how it is run, don't play. but for the rest of us.....it's great the way it is :)
~Cathy

Anonymous said...

I guess I should appologize for asking...I was just curious who the judges were and had a few questions about the selection process.  I didn't mean for it to become an issue.  Sorry...

Anonymous said...

You will never please everyone when you do something like this. I have yet to come up with a caption, however I always vote. Honestly there are times I think some of them are lame captions, but it's my opinion and I still vote and sometimes I don't agree with the winning vote. Again, my opinion. At least they all were creative enough to come up with one, I sure wasn't! hahahahhaahahha

I LOVE IT!! Keep it going and let the squabbles of those that don't agree or complain roll off :)  There is always the red X that so many forget exsist, that is my advice to them!
Hugs
Ang

Anonymous said...

The game is fun and I think the judging is at best difficult. Keep up the good work, Bill

Anonymous said...

The poet Browning (Robert) once said, "Stung by the splendor of a sudden thought", I often think of this whenever I see a picture, and occasionally feel that "sting"; prompting my response to create a caption, or those other times when I don't get that sting, or see that little light bulb glowing over my head---I always enjoy reading the responses of others.  

I think you and your panel are always fair; I like your idea of inviting a new JLander periodically to serve on the "bench" as guest judge.  I can't wait to see the next one, to see if I "get stung"LOL.

looking forward to my next alert message,
Susan
http://journals.aol.com/penlady708/PenInspirationalsfromthe70sandbe/

Anonymous said...

Excellent fun game...tests your brain

Anonymous said...

hey,
i hope people who read
thiswill UNDERSTAND MY
WORLD..livin all messed up
an comin from a $80.ooo
dollar home father 20 military ,me military
charlie company armour
just by the grace  of (GOD)
missed dessert storm..
by days
after i did my boot camp
in sunny wonderful
uhh shitty wet HOT as
hell fort knox freakin omg its RAINING AGIN kentucky... then hades
in fort polk freakin
louisianna hotter
scorpins,fire ants 110 dergree
temps  love all god bless scottr BIGG-DOGG

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone else....it is a fun game and you ladies are doing a great job!
Thank you for hosting this fun game and for all the work you put into it!
Laura
http://saywhat911.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I like how you guys set it up, Val/Krissy; it seems fair all around and I wouldn't change one thing with it

thanks for doing this :)

betty

Anonymous said...

great points....  all I have to add is how the polls are not the best.  As you know I've seen numbers change and since I regularly do polls on my journal I've watched the numbers/votes change in a matter of minutes.  AOL at its finest eating votes/opinions.  I don't think there is any other way to do it, so you have to go what is available........

Anonymous said...

This is a fun game which I enjoy very much ~ and I think you do a good job with the captions and the winners ~ I wouldn't want to change a thing ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like you have good rules.  ;o)  -  Barbara