Friday, April 18, 2008

Guest Editor Pick for 4/18/2008



Hello everyone!  I'm thrilled to be this week's guest editor.  My name is Missie. My journal is called Missie's Upside Down World.  Here's the link: Missie's Upside Down World


 I just turned 40.  I've been married for 19 years and I have two teenagers. My son is 15, and my daughter will be turning 18 in a few days and graduating from high school in 8 short weeks.


I also have a Pug named Maizy, a Yorkie named Oliver, a black cat named Merlin and a tortoise shell cat named Mona.


I started journaling here on AOL during my mother's second battle with breast cancer.  It was a stress reliever to be able to write the things I couldn't say out loud.  As time went on, it became an outlet to write about my son who suffers from Arnold Chiari Brain Malformation and then last year, my daughter who was hospitalized for Anorexia. 


This journal has been a blessing to me in more ways than just one.  I've saved a lot of money on therapy by writing in this journal and I've made some awesome friends here in J-land.


I named my journal "Missie's Upside Down World" because when you read my journal, you understand my world is upside down dealing with a husband, 2 teenagers and 4 animals who run the house.


My job as guest editor is to pick out and highlight some of my favorite journals that I think everyone would enjoy reading.  This was a hard task.  A lot of you have already been highlighted by a guest editor, but after some searching back through guest editor entries, I have found a few good journals that deserve being mentioned.


1.  Sunkissed  This is a fairly new journal.  I love this journal because this young woman suffers from an eating disorder like my daughter.  Reading Jennifer's journal, helps give me insight as to what type of thoughts and feeling are going through my daughters mind.


2.  MySouthernHome  Sonya is just a delight to read.  She writes daily about her life as wife, mom to a teenager and her career.  Sonya's husband loves to cook and she's always sharing great recipes. Right now, Sonya's family is the middle of a big move!


3.  Treasure Chest Full of Life  Joyce has become a wonderful J-land friend to me.  She and her family have had a rough year.  She's a terrific wife, mother and grandmother.  Joyce's journal is private, but I'm sure if you email her and mention I sent you, she'll add you as a reader.


4.  Just Getting It off My Chest!  Yes, Diama!  She is one sassy young woman from Philadelphia.  She's dealing with a life threatening disease, but that hasn't stopped her from doing what she wants.  I love reading her journal.


5.  Adventures From Florida  Actually, this journal is now called Adventures from Florida to Kentuckiana. Lisa's journal is private, but I'm sure if you emailed her and mentioned me, she would gladly add you as a reader.  Lisa and her family just made a huge move from Florida to Kentucky last year.  Lisa is a work from home mom with 3 kids, two dogs and I believe a cat.  Can't forget her hard working husband either.  Lisa's journal is always a pleasure to read because I don't think she's ever had a bad thing to say about anyone!


So, there you have it.  My five picks for this week.


Happy reading!


Missie:)

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on being chosen!

Dan

http://journals.aol.com/slapinions/Slap-Inionscom

Anonymous said...

WOW first congrats Missie on guest editor!
and second THANKS for picking 5 that I never heard of before! Finally something new!  Thanks!!!!

Make it a great day!


Sharon

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Missy on being chosen guest editor of the week... The journal picks sound real interesting... will be checking those out soon... I also put you on my "alerts" so I can keep up to date with your journal as well... Have a great weekend! ~Journey

Anonymous said...

Great picks Missie and again congratulations ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

congratulations Missy and great picks :o)

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Missie... thank you so much for being guest editor and sharing your picks with us.  I am so very glad you mentioned Sonya and Joyce's journals.  They are just wonderful ladies and so awesome to read their entries.  And thank you for the highlight on my journal!!!  You wrote such kind words and it is really great to be able to maybe get some new readers this way!!   Yes just tell everyone send on those emails and I'll be happy to add some more new readers!!!  You have a wonderful and happy Friday Missie and a great weekend!!  You know we are totally celebrating over here.... getting out the pina coladas like Amy said right away!!  
Lisa : )  (private journal link below- just email me to be added)
http://journals.aol.com/randlprysock/AdventuresFromFlorida/  

Anonymous said...

I visited and commented in these blogs, Missie.  Thanks for highlighting them.  And congrats on being Guest Editor!  

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Missie...thank you so much! You did a great job with your choices...I hope you have a lovely weekend...hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

lol im thinkin of changing from cherry2sweet to sassy2sweet

Anonymous said...

congrats!! you picked some great journals!! I know all but one of them, will check out that new one you mentioned

betty

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Missie on being chosen as Guest Editor. You did a brilliant job and I will pop round and wish them well as soon as I can. Love Pam xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pamal3/almost-40/

Anonymous said...

Great job Missie, I'll pay a visit to them.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being chosen as Guest Editor, Missie

Anonymous said...

great pics...  and I love the picture!!!
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Missie~Nice photo and good job! I'm glad writing your journal helps you a lot; I feel the same. Yay J-Land! Thanks for some new journals to check out. Deb ;-)

PS. To J-Landers looking for more journals to read: My journal is private too (Sassys's Priate Words); if you'd like an invite just e-mail me.

Anonymous said...

Two of these are regular reads for me, and they so deserve it.  I'll check out the others when I get the time.

Anonymous said...

Excellent Choices......

Job Well Done.....

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...exciting....so appreciative that Missie highlighted My Southern Home.  I love journaling!  Thanks Missie.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Great job Missie!!!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being "Guest Editor" a couple I wasn't familiar with, but have visited and left comments, great choices.

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

Great picks and congrats on being guest editor! (((HUGS))) -Missy http://journals.aol.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I am Hubby from Sonya's MySouthernHome journal.  She was thrilled that you selected her journal to highlight while you were guest editor.  If you love your journal as much as she loves hers, I am sure you'll understand !  

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I like your journal, I too am a yorkie owner. More like a yorkie Mother, as much work as a child. Good day, Cheryl`