Friday, August 25, 2006

Late Links From Weblogs, Inc.

We get a daily e-mail roundup of interesting blog items from all over the Weblogs, Inc. network of blogs; here are a few tidbits from earlier in the week that
I didn't get a chance to blog about before (when it would have been
useful):

* From Slashfood (they cover food & cooking), we had Weenicello (Hot Dog Infused Vodka). It's pretty much what it sounds like. I IMed this link to a few of my friends, and they universally went "ewwwww", so you know it's gotta be good.

One of them also wondered what would happen if you tried to cook the hot dogs. She's kind of weird that way.

* Over at Luxist (conspicuous consumption), here's an item on how to Wallpaper a Room With Cash.

If you didn't know, you can buy sheets of uncut currency from the Bureau of Engraving and Printing (moneyfactory.gov -- what a great domain name).

A while back I'd read a story online (that I can't find, of course) about some guy's wacky uncle (isn't it always a wacky uncle?), who used to buy sheets of uncut currency, make little booklets out of them, and when it was time to pay a cashier, cut off the correct amount with some sort of remark like, "Ooops, forgot to cut this batch."

Pretty expensive way to tell a joke, if you ask me -- right now a sheet of 32 $1 bills sells for $50 (plus shipping).

* Over at Autoblog, they talked about the new, 2007 Land Rover Defender. Sure, I know it's basically a Ford, and I hardly ever (okay, never) go offroad, but I always thought the Defenders were really cool.

* The Wireless Report says that the Smithsonian will deploy free wireless internet access to the National Mall by 2008, which is also neat.

* Finally, another Slashfood item (though it could just as easily have been in Autoblog): How does this sound -- In-car coffee makers?

Fortunately, one's just in a concept car, and the other is a back-seat retrofit some guy did, so don't look for rolling baristas swerving into your lane any time soon.

Thanks -- Joe

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I had a hard time reading this. Is it my computer? Looks like lots of html code has been inserted.
Dianna  

Anonymous said...

Just hit reload -- I was posting from the beta and had a few problems.  Thanks -- Joe

Anonymous said...

Must be a Luxist! ... I was just wondering how I would re-decorate my "rest room"
Thanks for the tip!
Valerie