Wednesday, August 2, 2006

8/2: Sporadic Journals Outages

Hi folks -- as I just posted to the Journals Message Boards, right now, I'm seeing sporadic problems with Journals that result in the blue "Journals are not available" error.

I don't have an official report yet, but it looks to be the same problem that caused a 15-minute outage yesterday, and another problem earlier this morning.

One of the Journals admins says that the problem is most likely due to some adb_switchers which are running on old hosts that need to be replaced.

They're working on the problem and I will post updates as I get them and I am able -- please check the Journals message boards if you can't get here.

Thanks -- Joe


Tags: ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yup been seeing that and mail sitting and slow to send. does it also cause that??????? Others have been telling me thier mail is slow to send

Anonymous said...

Lori -- best guess is that any problems with Mail you may be seeing are probably unrelated to the Journals problems we've been seeing today. Thanks -- Joe