Thursday, July 5, 2007

On the Fifth of July

Hi folks -- hope you all had a pleasant Independence Day, and that you still have all the appendages you started out with (click to read about DC-area tornado watches and a number of local fireworks-related injuries).

I haven't been to the fireworks show on the National Mall in a few years (the battling with crowds gets tiresome after a while) -- Community Info blogger Joseph went, though -- see his entry, with video.

I was at a barbecue in Leesburg, much further west; my fireworks photos were pretty much garbage, though -- I had the camera low to the ground and I couldn't really see what I was shooting -- this is the only interesting shot, even though it's technically unsound:


There was a lot of fog, mist and low clouds, so the sky was red in this shot.

In other news, here in the office, cow-orker (and Comics Alliance blog lead) Chris shows off some of his Simpsons movie/7-Eleven crossover merchandise -- he didn't go to the DC-area store (in Bladensburg, Maryland), but he did pick up a few things locally:


Krusty-Os, Homer Donut, Squishee, and of course, a Radioactive Man comic.

Thanks -- Joe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your picture of the fireworks... very cool looking!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/