Monday, July 9, 2007

Monday Check-In

Hi folks -- hope you had a good weekend. Hopefully as well, no news is good news, and things are going smoothly.

It's pretty steamy outside (though still not as bad as what most of the West and Southwest have been getting)... or so I'm told --just as over the past few weeks, I've had my head down working on a new project that should come to fruition soon (possibly as soon as tomorrow).

More on that as it happens.

In other news, this is somewhat bloggy (in that the folks at the AOL FanHouse sports blog covered it, though I think I originally saw it on Fark.com), but it's mostly just a feel-good sports story (well, it made me feel good) -- ESPN has footage from the Philadelphia Phillies vs. Colorado Rockies game on Sunday (that's baseball, for those not in the know), where the Phillies team (with one of the Rockies) helped the groundskeepers tame a wild tarp during a particularly gusty and nasty rain delay.

Watch the video -- it's pretty cool, even if you're not a baseball fan. And as the article notes, perhaps it gave the Phillies some instant good karma -- they ended up winning the game.

Thanks -- Joe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved that the Rockies' fans gave the Phillies a standing ovation for helping out.  That's a pretty rare thing.

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

I saw that and I loved that. Talk about harboring no ill will..... Where was the home team? Oh yeah in the warm, dry locker room. They could take a page from the Phillies. Tawnya