Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Planned Journals Outage Midnight Tonight (4/17) and a Planned Stephanie Outage 4/18 to ...

Journals Product Manager Stephanie reports that there will be a Journals maintenance outage starting at midnight EDT tonight, 4/17.

The work will go on for about 2 hours, and Journals may be down periodically throughout this time.

It's all being done to improve site performance.

Also, in case you don't usually read Stephanie's blog (though as far as we can tell, it gets tons more traffic than mine), Wednesday 4/18 will be Stephanie's last day at AOL. I'm sure she'll be posting more about it tomorrow, so all I'll say right now is that I'm already missing her (and she's not even gone yet).

Thanks -- Joe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads-up.  
By the way, people keep emailing me that my journal is "unavailable" and when I went to post an entry, I got the same "unavailable" message screen.  It's happening again.  Maybe this scheduled maintence will fix the problem?

Anonymous said...

Luvmort -- which of your Journals? I will send you an e-mail asking for a few details. Thanks -- Joe

Anonymous said...

Jesus, the A to the Izzy sure does piss through people. I know whores who go through people more slowly than AOL does.

Don't worry though, Joe... there's always a place for a guy like you on the High Above Courtside staff, should the ship split the fan. Youse good folk.

http://journals.aol.com/monponsett/HighAboveCourtside/entries/2007/04/17/april-noreaster-the-beast-of-the-east/1741