Thursday, June 26, 2008

Nice Matter Challenge

                                                


A while ago the Nice Matters award was going around J-Land.  If you do not know what the nice matters award is click here.  I thought it was such a great concept that I tossed around the idea with a few J-Landers about taking the idea into our everyday lives outside the computer.  I also consulted Corey from Tongue In Cheek who created the award for her permission to use her concept as a starting point. 


Recently I received and e-mail from my dear friend Veronica and Krissy from Sometimes I think that shared a story about a teacher who had done something very similar, you can read that story here.


With permission from Corey I began a feasibility study.   I wanted this award to be as easy, cost effective and as uniform as possible.  I wanted everyone to be able to have access to this award regardless of their financial situation so that they would be able to either buy the supplies, or reproduce them on their own.  I looked into the idea of ribbons as in the story above, buttons, bracelets, lapel pins and such, but none of those ideas could be reproduced in a uniform fashion that was reasonably priced.


So I decided that a sticker would be the best solution.  Stickers can be created in mass quantities at a manufacturer, or at home for just pennies if you have a sticker maker


The next challenge I came across, and Corey concurred, was that the award as it stands, was not gender neutral enough.  While there was one for the women and one for the men, and both are very nice, we thought that another logo should be created that would work well for both genders.


                             


This is where J-Land comes in and my Challenge Yourself Challenge.  I would like to challenge you to submit a gender neutral picture that would look nice on a sticker about 1.5 inches in circumference or there about.  Any shape is fine, but remember it has to be easy to cut out.  If it is an original work, please sign it, but you also need to be willing to forgo copy write so that it may be reproduced by all.  This is a labor of love.  It is a gift to those people out there that wish to make a difference in others lives, even if it is something as simple as telling someone that they matter.


Here are the rules and deadline:



Submissions are due by  12:00 noon EST. on July 8.

 

If you would like to enter your submission, please place a comment below requesting all to visit your journal. Please include a link to your journal as well.

 

EVERYONE in J-Land will vote on this project.

 

I will post all entries on my journal INSPIRATION and allow everyone to vote.  The three with the most votes will be posted here at Magic Smoke on July 10th for a final vote by all.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

C'mon Rosemary...how about a little incentive?  Yeah...we're nice and all, but a little prize is NICER!    ; )
Hugs,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great idea!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I have an idea but I am not a graphics artist.  How do I accomplish showing my sticker design?  And my scanner is broken!  Off to play in paint I guess. :(
Oh, and Rosemary, for what you propose, you are ingenious.  It will really touch people's lives. :)

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Great Idea-Kudos to YOU

Anonymous said...

Hello, call me faye.  I'm trying to get in touch with you about blogging.  I've never blog before and I would love for somebody to show me how its done.

I not use to somebody helping me do anything; the ansewr is always no;but, I was hoping somebody would like to help me out show me how to get around the blogs, you know go from blog to blog.

I want to be able to get on my blog and write to anybody I'm a good writier, I can tell good stories and I would love for the public to see some of my work.

So please if there is anybody out there; email me.

Email:  rfaye1000@aol.com

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Has anybody helped rfaye1000 yet?

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Okay, come take a look!  Here is my submission for the Nice Matters sticker.

http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink/entries/2008/06/27/my-nice-matters-sticker/1694

Krissy :)

Anonymous said...

hi, took me awhile but I managed to do a couple they are on my journal... http://journals.aol.co.uk/mleppard06/eternity/
Thanks rosemary, i had fun doing these!!LOL
take care mrs t xx

Anonymous said...

I have posted my entry if you would like to check it out.  http://journals.aol.com/attitudeslc/inspiration/#Entry519

~Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Im sorry I must have missed something. I love the tags the way they are..

Anonymous said...

Here's my entry:  http://journals.aol.com/vbonalesmd/MyPaperCuts/entries/2008/07/03/taking-up-rosemary-on-a-challenge/1483

good luck everyone, the designs are great!

Veronica
journals.aol.com/vbonalesmd/emresident
journals.aol.com/vbonalesmd/MyPaperCuts

Anonymous said...

Hi hon, here are my tries at this challenge:

http://journals.aol.com/rdautumnsage/ravens-lament/entries/2008/07/05/nice-a-concept-for-inspiration/1053

Thanks, you over there (winks)...(Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

Here is my stab at it, Rosemary.  Hugs, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason/entries/2008/07/06/nice-matters-challenge/2127

Anonymous said...

ok heres my attempt...lol
http://journals.aol.com/swmpgrly/Lostinmyownthoughts/entries/2008/07/06/nice-matters-challenge/1367