Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Hit Counters on New Journals

Hi folks...the tech folks have been investigating some problems with
hit counters showing broken
images
, primarily with newly-created
Journals.
It should be resolved
now.





If your Journal is showing a broken image, try revisiting your Journal
while you're logged in. If it doesn't show up, try removing
the counter and re-adding it
. To do this:





1. In your Journal, click the blue "Edit Journal"
button at the top of the page.


2. In the section marked "Customize Your Journal's
Appearance"
, click the link that says "Change the
layout or features."



3. Uncheck the box next to "Hit Counter"


4. Hit Save to save your changes. When you view your
Journal, the hit counter should be gone.


5. Then, hit "Edit Journal" again and add your counter back
in.






If that doesn't fix your Journal, leave a comment or send me an
e-mail.





Thanks -- Joe




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Won't deleting the counter cause it to start back at 0?

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Yes, removing and re-adding your counter will reset it. However, in this case, we're looking primarily at newly created Journals, so there won't be any hits to speak of. Thanks -- Joe

Anonymous said...

Excellent to know this....I just told my daughter to reset hers.  We couldn't figure it out.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

I have a newly created Journal and my hit counter disappeared...I have tried resetting it as you instructed and all I get is the little red x.  I've tried this several times and still the same thing.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks for the help...it's just one of those little things that makes me nuts...lol.

~Star

Anonymous said...

my coments may par-boil.  shooting up in a confessionial ,thinking that its a jerk parloure. setting fire to the half a box left, is good business,HALF COLD,HALF HAPPY.
as the catatonic model for insect life,life   death hunting beneath my bed laughs at the alarm.