Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Heads-Up: Brief Journals Outage Planned for 8/24

Hi folks -- just got word from the tech folks about a quick (30 minute)
outage planned for tomorrow, Wednesday 8/24, starting at 4AM EDT and
going until 4:30 AM.  During this time, you won't be able to
access your Journals, instead getting the blue "Journals Are
Unavailable" screen.



The tech folks will be taking down the database connections so they can
tweak the memory sizing and realign the warp core. (Okay, not
that last part.) This has to be done to make sure that the Journals
Search picks up all the new entries and blogs. Thanks -- Joe

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Realign the warp core?  Methinks Journals Editor Joe has seen one too many Star Trek epsodes, but I really dug you throwing that in there!  Thanks for the warning on tomorrow' outage and thank goodness it's only going to be for a half hour.  I'm a mornin person myself, LOL!  Sorry I missed you at the AOL Journals Celebration.  I'll try and not miss the next one.
Sam

Anonymous said...

It is nice this is being done in the wee hours of the morning :-).

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know Joe.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Your 4AM EDT is 1 AM MST for me, at which time I'm often still editing that night's entry.  Guess I'll have to get it done sooner.  Thanks for the head's up!  (And tell them to be careful around that warp core.  Those things breach very easily!  We wouldn't want AOL's servers to be thrown into an alternate universe or something!) - Karen

Anonymous said...

thanks for the heads up, but i wouldnt have happened upon the warning i fi hadnt been in my journal.  It would be nice if you'd email us this info.  Thanks again,
butterfly10403@aol.com