Friday, August 26, 2005

New Guest Editor's Picks for 8/26 & More

Hi everybody. As posted in the Journals Message Board, our new Guest Editor's Picks are up on the Journals Main Page:

Guest Editor Brandy

Our Guest Editor this week is Brandy, a mom of four, graphic tag artist, and keeper of the blog My World, My Rant. Here is her blog entry, where she talks about her top picks and more:

* Detached and Indifferent Expressions
* A Fallen Angel Under a Dark Moon
* The Inside of Being a SAHM
* Journally Yours
* I Have Tea
* Something New

In
other news, it's been a little more quiet than last week. Thankfully.
Which is not to say that we're slacking over here -- we're just not
running around putting out fires related to the database transition.

Oh,
that reminds me: I had a request from some folks a while back to get a
picture of the machines that host Journals. It was kind of a
non-starter, because the admins take the physical security of the
hardware very seriously, so access is limited.  (Think 'Mission: Impossible' or 'Alias'-limited.)


After the database migration, I was hoping to get a photo of one of the
old machines after they decommissioned it.  Alas, it was not to be.

However, I was able to find an artist's depiction.

Talk to you later folks. Have a good weekend. Thanks. -- Joe 

Tag:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL .. great artist's depiction .. I'm sure there are a few J-Landers who might think that it's the real deal .. ha .. considering some of the troubles I read about.

The kid got a C?
geeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz
He got a D in the course?!
Man ....

I guess my standards must have slipped when I wasn't lookin' cuz I though it was a very decent project ... ok ... it won't get the Shuttle off the ground, but neither can NASA.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for trying Joe!
I always knew AOL was powered by hamsters. Something about hearing the pitter patter of liitle feet when I log on ;-)

Anonymous said...

getting ready to set up a blog page this week. Could use a few pointers RDER8@aol.com