Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Reminder: Journals R13 Release Installs Tonight, Midnight EDT (9PM EDT)

Hi folks -- just a quick reminder -- the Journals R13 release will be installed tonight, 12 midnight EDT (9PM PDT) -- it basically gives us:

* Comments Restyling
* Embedded Polls (US-only) -- the team also mentioned that the polls integration is acting a little hinky in beta right now -- just a heads up, though.
* Hometown hit counters won't be included on the default template for new Journals any more (current Journals will be uneffected, and users will still be able to add them from the Edit Journal screen).

There may be brief, intermittent outages during the install period, but we're not expecting any significant downtime.

Also, we've got a report or two of Journalers not getting clickable hyperlinks in their New Entry Alert e-mails -- it does not appear to be widespread, nor does it look like an Alerts problem (which puts the problem somewhere on the Journals end).

If you're experiencing this problem, please let me know so the Journals team can do some further investigation.

Thanks -- Joe

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luckily I'll be at work when this happens and hopefully the bugs will be worked out by the time I journal again.  

Anonymous said...

Hometown, Joe - is that going to get a revamp? And, are AIM users not able to upload stuff to Hometown? Know it's not your patch.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe - I tried the poll feature in beta and it worked fine. I like it and plan to use it. Thanks, as always, for your continuing efforts to make journals easier.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

My alerts have not been getting through all week.I have been away for three weeks in USA and now my comments are not coming through via E. mail which I have always had has my preferance.I am getting no responce whatsoever.I only know if I have any comments by going to my blog and checking them .Can you help at all.All my settings seem OK my alerts are on so I have no idea whats wrong.This has only happened since this change has been installed by you whilst I have been away Grrrrr I went away on the 3rd of September and everything waa working normally and fine at that time.It is so annoying when one comes back home to find problems.I am having to notify each follower of my blog a new posting has been set by me..Kath
astoriasand http://jorunals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES