Friday, June 24, 2005

New Guest Editor's Picks for 6/24; Plus, a Call for Icon Ideas

Hi everybody, as I posted in the Journals Message Board, the new Guest Editor's Picks are up on the Journals main page, so please check them out.

Our Guest Editor this week is Paul (owner of Aurora Walking Vacation, Cowboy Poetry and other blogs.)

Paul is also Canadian, which explains all those funny date formats and strange spellings you'll see throughout his Journal.


Here are some of his top picks:


Paul's theme linking all these blogs is interesting or unusual use of language. See more about why he picked what he picked, as well as some additional blog links, in his blog entry.


In other news, we're supposed to be getting a widget for the Journals main page that will show you a listing of all your Journals (it's a control panel, similar to the one on hometown.aol.com), but it keeps getting held up in production. Stay tuned.


Lastly, as I mentioned in the headline, I'm putting on my Expressions hat and calling out for ideas for blogging Buddy Icons


Since the Buddy Icon format is so restrictive (animated GIF, 48x48, under 5K), I'm thinking some sort of logo image with some sort of slogan, such as:


  • I have a blog and I'm not afraid to use it.

  • Back Off...I Blog

  • Hey Baby, What Are You Blogging?

  • and of course, the straightforward "Check Out My Blog."

If you have any suggestions, leave a comment or send me an e-mail at JournalsEditor@aol.com

That's it for now, have a great weekend. -- Joe



Tag:

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Blogging is beautiful"???? "Blog or bust"? "blogging and proud"
~ Julie~ http://journals.aol.com/joolsinwa/randommusingsofmymind

Anonymous said...

http://www.blogstickers.com/sticker_page1.html  has a bunch of cute blog sayings.. not sure you could use those but I like to use them as blinkies sometimes.

Much Love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

I like the first option for the Blog Icon, but I don't see it animated, that size in pixels, or total kb size. That is, in fact, a challenge! :)

Failing that miracle, the last one bugs me now.  It should have me jumping into fits of uncontrollable syllabication in a few weeks of being online-and that sells!

Bud Fields

Anonymous said...

The widget sounds interesting. I'd love it if it would show all the journals I get alerts for. I'd also love it if my alerts list was CLICKABLE. I add a journal to alerts and all I see is the name of the journal. No URL or SN of the owner. You may be the wrong one to ask, but I would love that.

As for a Blog buddy icon...I have a shirt that says "I'm blogging this..." or how about keeping it simple with just "Blog This!"

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of us finally getting our own icons. Hmmm I like your ideas, if I get a moment of genious I will email ya.

Brandi

Anonymous said...

Very interesting and educational. Thank you!

Richard

Anonymous said...

Hi there Joe ;) I wanted to tell you, this j you have up is great :) I enjoy it and its pretty helpful to some qs answered ;) I am looking fwd to some of the changes you addressed that journals will have soon. The icon ideas are very cool too ;) I have a question. I want to put a video ( something i plan to record on my dig cam) in my journal. Are we able to do that? If so, how or can you direct me to where i can find out how to do it? I appreciate you helping me ;) Thanks and take care :)
Leslie

Anonymous said...

I'm a child of the sixties...
Blog, Baby, Blog...

Anonymous said...

paul's great - good choice  - as are his choices...

blog on..

Anonymous said...

"blog me baby"
"go blog yourself"
"blog baby blog"
"baby got blog"
"got blog?"

just to name a few  :-)

~ jerseygirljournal.com

Anonymous said...

I love your idea of I have a blog and I'm not afraid to use it.
What about:
Just Blog
Bloggers Unite
I love my blog
Kiss my blog (suggested by a friend of mine who uses my SN to read blogs cause he's to cheap to buy his own computer.  (luv ya Scott LOL)
Stephanie
http://journals.aol.com/unicornsteph80/Welcometomylife