Thursday, November 8, 2007

Intermittent Issues with AOL Pictures

Hi folks,

A few of you let us know about the inability to "Add Albums." We observed issues with AOL Pictures, too.


It seems to happen randomly. They had a minor problem with their servers on Tuesday and it was supposed to be fixed yesterday. Please try again and let me know if you still see issues uploading your pictures this way. 

Tomorrow is Friday, don't forget to tag your best entries with blogplugs.

Have a good evening,

---Malika


[Update 11/18] - The AOL Pictures team have fixed the problem, and now "pictures.aim.com" correctly points to "pictures.aol.com". Please let me know if you are seeing issues with "Add Album" using your AIM account. Thanks for your patience.

---Malika

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with the comment before me No1..When you are looking at the pictures individually,you get so far and it sends  out unexpected error have to re-load and auto it goes back to picture one.If the journal has many pictures in to look at,it keeps happeneing and it takes a lifetime to look at them all.It usually starts around the tenth picture,sometimes before this..So frustrating.Have a good day. Kath
astoriasand http;//journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I want to say I am having the same problems viewing pictures ,which half way through ,reload ,...Idid an entry this week on the state opening of Parliament ,if you are interested ..love Jan xx     http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeadie05/Serendipity/

Anonymous said...

It happened to me when I was trying to upload. It would not load. i felt like I was on dialup again. It worked like a charm second time around.

Anonymous said...

I'm still having issues.  It seems that AIM has taken over the pictures.aim.com domain for their picture service?  I know at one time that was just an alias to pictures.aol.com, but it appears to point to different servers now:

nslookup pictures.aol.com

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    pictures.aol.com.websys.akadns.net
Addresses:  207.200.94.36, 207.200.74.36
Aliases:  pictures.aol.com


nslookup pictures.aim.com

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    photos.gphotos.aim.com
Address:  64.12.73.16
Aliases:  pictures.aim.com, photos.aim.com


Anonymous said...

The issue I am having is how to align my pictures within a journal entry.  I used to be able to do it but now the command corrupts the html code and will not switch back to an image when I hit the [text] link.  I noticed that when I upload an image from [AOL Pictures] the image code no longer includes a size (s, m, l) which is where I used to be able to insert the align code.  Any suggestions?  I asked this question here before, but I never saw an answer and the search isn't bringing it up.  Please also note that your 'how to' articles are somewhat obsolete with the current AOL pictures.
Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide on this matter.
Dorn