Thursday, November 1, 2007

Following Up on Your Concerns

Hi Folks, it's Malika again.

I'm having a good day so far -- thanks for asking, Krissy. 

I'll try to address the issues expressed in the comments to my Happy Halloween entry below:

* Krissy -
We've worked with the other user who was having issues with her albums
on AOL Pictures. Joseph Manna helped her look into it and it works now!
(We reset her IE7, as described here.)

As far as the Comic Sans font not working, I tested it out on my test blog, and it seems to work for me. Please clear your cache and try again and let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Animated images aren't
supported by AOL Pictures, Flickr, nor most other image hosting sites.
When you upload pictures to your Journal, they get saved on AOL
Pictures. Animation worked if you uploaded pictures to your FTP Space
on Hometown from the AOL client available at AOL Keyword: FTP.

If you're using a Web browser to access Journals, then use the Hometown File Manager and upload your animated image files there and get the link to that picture. I have uploaded one for testing purposes, here.

Then on the Journals "Add Entry" page,  click on the "Add Image" button and go to the "URL" tab.

Copy this link and "Add Image". Save the entry and you should see the animated image.

I
know that the File Manager link on Hometown has an older look and feel.
There are some new AOL Products currently in Alpha that will be
offering this capability. We're looking for an alternate (better)
solution, and when I know, I'll let you know, too.

* astoriasand  -
Your Alerts issue was just bad timing. The Alerts team investigated the
issue, and the reason your friends did not getthe alert was because
the Alerts server was being restarted at that very time.

* rap4143 - You can add up to a maximum of 50 journal links. You have one more to go ;-)

* plittle  -
Joseph and I would like to update the About Me section some day soon!
Its been on our mind since a few days now! Thanks for pointing it out.



I'd like to thank everyone for their comments! I enjoy reading your comments.
Have a wonderful evening, everyone.

--Malika



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us updated...it's appreciated!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

I may need to empty some in my FTP cause I tried loading pics in it and it would not work. and how do I pull them up after they loaded in MY FTP they use to pull up in my aol immages now I dont see them?????? I ll work on this as others have been asking me how to post in MYFTP on aol. We will get this worked out.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like I may need to teach a few more on how to use my ftp and file manager. File manager is much better than my ftp space.
Funny i used to use it a lot , now very rarely do I decorate.
I am looking forwards to being able to change my temoplate like I can on my blogger blog.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Malika,Thankyou for the reply to my comment yesterday Re:-Alerts were down.Having said that,why does it still happen so much, any time, of any day, on many days,as in the past.Lets hope now in the near future, we can solve this.It is such hard work at times doing postings.It isn't a a two minute job to enter a new post,some people take lots of time to do one posting ,then when our friends do not get the alerts,unless we imform everyone ourselves by e. mail ,we have done a post,it's most frustrating in my opinion,and precious time of our day wasted..Have a lovely day. Thanx once again.Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Hi and good morning, Malika.

Just back to let you know that clearing the cache did NOT work.  I used comic sans 14 and this is how my entry turned out.  I left it up so you could see it.:

http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink/entries/2007/11/02/you-need-not-respond.../1425

Krissy :)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Animations do work if they're uploaded to Photobucket

Anonymous said...

Krissy,

I was able to see the Comic Sans font perfectly fine on the link you provided. Do you have problems with using that font in your e-mail or other products that let you choose your font (like Message Boards, for example)?

If so, it sounds like the fonts in your Windows aren't working right. I found some help for you on in this instance by checking out http://labnol.blogspot.com/2006/03/how-to-fix-windows-xp-font-problems.html for help with Windows font problems.

~ Joseph

Anonymous said...

Dear Malika,

I posted again as you asked, in an entry.  The first time I tried, I got Veranda 14.  So I tried again.  This time I got comic sans in an itty bitty number.  Maybe it will all be hit or miss from here.  Who knows?

Krissy :(
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Dear Joseph,

You saw comic sans fine on the link I provided b/c Malika changed the entry for me (as she mentioned in a comment below the entry).  As for your question, no, I have absolutely no problems on emails or message boards with the font or size (which happens to be comic sans that I use).  Strange.  I will check out the link you provided though.  Thanks for taking your time to answer me.

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink  

Anonymous said...

Hi Joseph,

Ugh, please check out the link below to my latest entry.  Within the same entry, there are different fonts and different sizes!  I typed the whole thing in comic sans 14.  Sort of no big deal, but actually in reality it is, b/c I work hard on my blog to get a certain presentation.  So I am frustrated.  But as you stated Joseph, maybe it has to do with fonts on my computer.  If you have time, could you please read the email I sent you, and help?  I cannot find a list of commands of fonts in my  control panel like the one listed on the page you so graciously posted the link to.  So I am at a loss of how to fix the problem, if it is a font problem with on my computer's end.  Please help, and thank you!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink/entries/2007/11/05/monday-morning-question/1431

Anonymous said...

When I try to add pictures to my entry I click on my album and get the message HTTP 403 forbidden.  Don't understand it used to work just fine.  Can you help me?
jonibooks2@msn.com  Thanks for any help.  Joni