Thursday, October 18, 2007

Yay, Missing Entries are Back!

Hi folks,

The AOL Journals team has some good news. The team recovered all the missing entries and comments on your blogs. (In case you didn't know, some time ago, there was a problem with the databases which resulted in missing entries.)


In
case you added an entry in the last couple of days, you could possibly
see the entry twice. If you see your entries twice, you can delete the
additional one, but you will lose the comments that it had.
(Personally, I'd keep both, but it's up to you.)


During
the outage, there were a few new Journals that were created. The team
reports they are now in the process of restoring the newly-created
Journals and expect they should all be added by tomorrow.


Also, tomorrow Joseph Manna will be featuring Blogplugs for the Journals community, so don't forgot to tag your best entry with blogplugs so it can be featured.

The
AOL Journals team appreciates your patience and support. We will work
on getting some tutorials and other suggestions out for you. If you
want learn how to do something with AOL Journals, drop the team a line
by writing to JournalsEditor@aol.com and I'll pass the word to the team.


Thanks
--- Malika and Joseph

Update: 10/19/2007 8:05 PM -- The Journals team confirms that all the new  Journals created during the 10/16 outage have been restored successfully.

Tags: , , , , , ,

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!  I was afraid we were going to be forgotten about after Joe was layed off.  'On Ya' - ma

Anonymous said...

So did you purposely pick another "Joe" so that it would seem not so bad? Sorry...doesn't work!

Anonymous said...

Psychfun,

No, we didn't purposefully pick me. I know I can't steal Joe's thunder, trust me on that. I'm the resident blogger here next to Joe and I primarily blog over on the AOL Community Info (http://www.aolcommunityinfo.com/).

I helped Malika get the message out detailing the recent fixes that have been applied that recovered Journals as well as a few additional questions. I'm helping to get some Blogplugs, too.

You can keep in touch with Joe on his personal blog at http://www.joelogon.com/blog/.

~ Joseph

Anonymous said...

I still cant get youve got pics to work. i sent joe an email it says I dont have the latest IE or on aol the browser but when I click on it the link it says I have the latest. I can resent the email if you wish but I would really like some help on this I miss adding pics in the album and I have heard others complain too. I have aol VR

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting!  A pleasure to meet you.  No offense, but it seems strange not to be Joe.  :/     -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

TY for posting.
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Hi my78novata,

I will appreciate if you can send your email again to JournalsEditor@aol.com with the problem you are seeing, so we can help you out.

Thanks  --- Malika

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping this alive for us!  I would love to know more about whether or not AOL File manager is still going to be around for us or if we should start looking for offsite options????

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Thanx for the update.I hope things will soon be sorted for many J/Land members.Have a great day.Take Care God Bless kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I'm pleased the journalseditor's chair is being kept filled, and hope the same level of service will be maintained. So far so good - good luck. Filemanager? Can we have something of 2007 standard, rather than 1969?

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it's hard to come into a spot vacated twice now by good people doing great jobs but were laid off.  Thank you for trying to do that, and keeping this alive.