Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday Blogplugs

Hey folks,


This week's roundup of Blogplugs is brought to you by Joseph Manna. I know I'm not as awesome as Joe, but I sat next to him as he tirelessly checked other Journalers' blogs to highlight the best of the best within the AOL Journals community.


Before I get into this week's blogplugs, I'm confident that I speak for all of us in saying that we greatly appreciated all the work that Joe Loong dedicated to helping people. He did an excellent job at keeping us informed about Journals, Hometown and AOL FTP. You can find him blogging on his personal blog, Dumb Things I Have Done Lately.


There was only a small handful of blogplugs this week:


* Sugar who has some tasty recipes and tips for packing school lunches, shared her thoughts about Joe's absence. She also let us know that Oct. 15 was Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day.


* Jimmy rings in Hump Day with some history, a collection of photos from his pal Nancy and a joke.


* Paul shares ten of his favorite movies from his Top 100 list of movies.


* Dawn submitted her lolcat image to Icanhascheezburger and it was accepted and she wants folks to vote on it. [Insider's note: What is a lolcat?]


 


Mini-Tutorial: Tagging on AOL Journals

Below the editor where you wrote your blog entry, there's a text field where you can type words that describe your entry. It's called tagging, and helps blog search engines like
Technorati find your blog. Tag it with blogplugs (and other descriptive phrases). Here's what it looks like for this entry as I wrote it:


I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable weekend.


~ Joseph


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

my comment repeated. I got some kind of internal error.

Anonymous said...

Go to lolcat and see what it is.

Anonymous said...

Go to lolcat and see what it is.

Anonymous said...

TY for the mention Joeseph.
I'm off to check out other blogplugs. :)
Have a good weekend.
Sugar

Anonymous said...

My thanks to you, Joseph, and the other team members who've been trying to ensure this Journal continues.
Kathi

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

While Mr. Loong (why didn't I think of that until he left) is still the Man, a guy named Joseph is still, in theory, as awesome as Joe is.

Is "Manna" pronounced like "momma?" Having someone to call "Joe Manna" takes some of the hurt away from Loong's departure.

Anonymous said...

Thanx a million for the info.I will be back to read more.Who says your not as awsome as Joe? Let us be the judge of that LOL!! Have a great week/end Take Care Joseph.God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joseph...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

sniff sniff bye bye joe,ive got no-one to nag now...hey joseph hows it going? lol mwahhs joe I hope you do well in your endeavours,love from england,xxzoexx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/domestic-chaos/

Anonymous said...

Hi Joseph!  Just wondering if we were going to have blogplugs this week.  I love blogplugs!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Didn't have Fri Blogplugs last week. Are they no longer happening since Joe's gone?
Sug

Anonymous said...

h