Friday, October 5, 2007

Friday Blogplugs

Hi folks -- time for anothere's another round of blogplugs, which are entries that people have sent to me or labeled with the tag so that other people can find them:

* Beth posts news about an English band, The Godfathers (who I must admit I'm not familiar with).

* TixGirl Ames shares her pics and video from the So You Think You Can Dance live tour (I must also admit I did not know there was such a thing).

Indigo uses a childhood story to induce laughter (the best medicine).

* Christopher wants you to see his live webcam stream (though I still don't know why he doesn't have access to Web storage space).

* Lisa has an entry that she hopes will explain more about her life.

* Sugar shares a tag graphic, prayers and poetry in memory of Penny.

* Connie would like to invite you to a virtual Halloween party in her blog.

In other news, we should have some incremental Journals improvements in a install next week or so, which we'll talk about Monday (since we don't get Columbus Day off -- or Canadian Thanksgiving, for that matter).

Thanks -- Joe

Tags:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of improvements in the future, I know this is a very radical idea, but will there ever come a day when nonAOLers will be able to comment in our journals?  Not in the very complicated way that you mentioned a couple of months back, by logging in, but just by simpling commenting like AOLers do.  Right now I am feeling like I want to be part of the larger blogosphere.  I am joining some communities such as Technorati and MyBlogLog.  And there are some blog rings are want to join.  But why bother if I can visit them and they can't visit me.  Well, they can visit, but they can't comment.  I know you will say they can, by registering, but to be honest with you, I know they won't.  Especially if they are a random reader who just drops by my page through a blog ring or something or through technorati.  I know this happens often enough because I have tracking services through several places including a private hit counter.  Ugh, I LOVE Jland but am feeling stifled not being part of the larger blogosphere.  Through joining communities I am now realizing the GREAT journals out there, and how to find them.  But I feel there is NO communication between us hardly.  I mean I can communicate with them, but they can't back.  Can we change this?  Or is AOL afraid that there will be too much traffic on the journal sites?  Or is it a logistical problem and just difficult to do?  Can you please pass this on to the "higher ups" as this is very important.  I know others who feel the same way as I do, and it is vital to us.  And if you have time, could you replay by email?  Or in a post?  Thank you for taking your time and your consideration,

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I just read Krissy's comments, and I agree wholeheartedly. I have friends who read my blog, but I never get a comment from them--I've told them they can sign up for free, but I'm sure they don't want to sign up for yet another service (although I do, when it's something I want to comment on). I think it would be great if AOL would allow comments from other providers!

As for The Godfathers, Joe, I'm not surprised you haven't heard of them. They weren't real huge in the US, and I've always been a little into obscure bands. Your remark made me think about that, so I'm going to write a little bit now and then about bands that not a lot people have heard of. Today I wrote about Big Audio Dynamite. Hope you give The Godfathers a listen--they're pretty much straight-up rock and roll, but they've also got a couple of great instrumentals that channel Ennio Morriccone (of spaghetti western fame) and John Barry (of James Bond movie fame).

Thanks for the "plug!"

Beth

Anonymous said...

TY for the mention Joe, will check out the others you posted about this week.
Have a good one.
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Re: Commenting -- I, too, would like to see the option for open commenting (lots of blog platforms do require registration for commenting, or at least offer that option) -- it would probably have to be in conjunction with a CAPTCHA (robot test to exclude spammers) -- for now, here's a lighter registration that lets people use their e-mail address as a screen name: http://journals.aol.com/journalseditor/magicsmoke/entries/2540

-- Joe