Friday, July 15, 2005

New Guest Editor's Picks for 7/15

Hi all. As posted in the Journals Message Board, we've got a new Guest Editor, and therefore new picks up on the Journals Main Page.

Manning the ship of the Journals state this week is Guest Editor Mrs. Linklater, who I describe on the main page as "iconoclastic." Her mission (er, theme): highlighting blogs with style, so see her blog entry for her full list of picks (the top 6 of which are below):

I will try to refresh the Top 6 with more of her picks on Monday or so, so be warned.

Next, as I noted in the previous entry, we have a new widget on the Journals Main Page, which displays a list of the Journals you own. I note that some of you are singularly unimpresssed, but let me just say that we're working on more stuff.

Also, the way the modules lay out on the main page, there's a big empty blank space that's offending me. I may try to start in on that list of member self-programming features that I was asking for; stay tuned.

That's about it for now; have a good weekend, all. -- Joe

Tag:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe ;) I would say the new js listing is nice but i agree with the others, not a big deal. Now, I would be doing the happy dance along with many others i am sure, when you guys will finally, FINALLY, lol get the colors and fonts changed. More variety and prettier/cooler, please, lol. Oh and i would do flips and i cant now, lol but i think i would attempt it, lol if you all made the audio entries longer. Can you please address that? Or who do i talk to to request j audios to be longer? 3 minutes, not enough :( *sigh* I have a journal thats mainly audios and i am having to do 6 of them at  a time, unreal... wow. Ty for reading and hope you have a good weekend too :) Leslie

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe! First-commenter, long-time blogger. I commend AOL for letting Mrs. L off the ankle bracelet long enough to post her picks. I am humbled to be included in her initial list, as the competition is certainly worthy of respect. Mrs. L's picks are akin to the depth and range of the journals out here. Something for everyone.

Thanks!

p.s.  Myrtle is money. Does she have a sister?

Anonymous said...

and another thing...love the photo of you in your about me...i thinkthats the best one i've seen!

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,

This is once again the little person in the large city.  I have liked all your themes and I wish I had more time to visit the journals.  Can I suggest a theme for whatever week you want to do it: How about one time doing a Harry Potter theme once since there are many Harry Potter fans on AOL.  I know just about all of them.

Anita

http://journals.aol.com/ginskia/whatdescribesanitaasanitaasanind

http://journals.aol.com/ginskia/AnitasBooksandMovies/