Friday, July 1, 2005

New Guest Editor's Picks for 7/1 & More

Hi everybody. As posted in the Journals Message Board, there's a new set of Guest Editor's Picks up on the Journals Main Page, so swing by and check it out.

This week, taking the Guest Editor reins is Felicia, whose blog is PIT (Psychologist in Training).

We
did things a little differently this time around; I asked Felicia if,
in addition to some of her favorite picks, if she could also choose a
few blogs related to the theme of the Fourth of July. That was all the guidance I gave -- the rest was up to her.

Here are some of her top picks:

As you can see, Felicia's primary theme is the blogs of people who serve, including firefighters, EMS workers, soldiers & more. You can see her full lineup, as well as some blog shout-outs, in her blog entry.

We might try another tweak with the Guest Editor's Top 6
picks, where instead of running one set of picks on the front page for
a week, we might go for two sets of six picks over the course of the
week.

The upside is that the Guest Editor would get more
picks on the main page -- the downside, of course, is that they
wouldn't be up as long. Still working on that one.

Next up, I published a new AOL Editors' Blogs
page, listing out all the "official" AOL blogs that I know about. 
If you read any of the other Editor's Blogs, drop a comment some time
(they like that).

And no, I'm not suddenly determined to put my photo in everything I publish.

Also, in a bit of followup, we're looking at the blogging Buddy Icon suggestions you folks sent in; I'll let you know when we start to get closer to creating them.

That's pretty much it for right now. I need to do an update for all the Live 8 Concert blogging stuff that's going on, either later today or tomorrow. It's keeping us pretty busy, suffice it to say.

Finally, regarding my previous post about blogs being boring -- thanks for responding to it in spirit which it was written (namely, with humor and provoking discussion).

Thanks, have a great July Fourth holiday. And watch Live 8! -- Joe


Tag:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe.........I think you are doing a terrific job trying to keep us temperamental bloggers happy! Tough job but someone has to do it right?? lol
Kimberleigh

Anonymous said...

I like the pics...~ Lori

Anonymous said...

h