Friday, February 8, 2008

Guest Editor's Picks -- February 8, 2008


Hope you all
enjoyed the Super Bowl last weekend, that Big Easy readers had a fun
'08 Mardi Gras, & that ALL everywhere have a lovely upcoming
Valentines Day on the 14th!
Guess who's Guest Editor this week? It's me! WOO HOO! Doing a little happy dance! {{}}
Getting my 15 minutes of fame! LOL
So, TY Journal Editors. hehehe
I was totally surprised when Vish asked if I'd be willing to participate. ;)
I'm told I need to write a few lines about myself, then pick 5-7 fav journals. So, here goes:
My name is Sugar, from:  
MY BELOVED FURR BABIES,  A LITTLE BIT OF SUGAR, PLEASE (private, email for admittance),  SUGAR SHACK KEEPSAKESFrom My Kitchen To Yours,  PRAISE & PRAYER (private, email for admittance),  J-LAND PET MEMORIALAfrican Memories,  &  Honduras & Philippines Remembered.  Many of you already know me, as I have several blogs in J-Land!  :) 
My main journal, & praise journal are private, but you can always email & ask for admittance... the others are open to all.
I'm
an over 50, over weight, retired nurse, minister, former worker with
the homeless, & foster mother to abused children for many yrs. I'm
a grandmother, with multiple health conditions, living with my Son
& his family in MO now, altho I'm a TX gal orig. My 3 girls (dogs)
keep me company.
I have been in J-Land a little over 2 yrs, &
only started on a computer shortly before that. Must say that I have
found J-Landers to be such nice people, & have made many friends
here. Since I'm disabled & mostly housebound, J-Land means a lot to
me. {}
So, visit any of my journals, you're bound to find at least one that sparks your interest.
I
write about a little of everything, from my hum drum life & family
issues, to my fight with Cancer, TN, OA, Depression, & my battle
with weight... trying to keep an upbeat journal as I do so. My
other journals are about my pets, recipes, graphics I make, religion...
well, you get the ideal, I have a blog for it all. LOL
I'll wager when I was asked to write a "few lines" about myself, he never thought I'd write a chapter. hehehe :)



There are so many wonderful blogs that I read, it's hard to try & pick just 7...

So, I'll just pop down a few that you may not have read, (unless you're a regular reader of mine, then you probably know these) in no specific order:

 1. Millies Meanderings   (private
but you may email & ask for admittance) lovely lady in the UK who
has so much on her plate. just read her archives. now she's dealing
with her teen dtr fighting throat cancer. yet both stay cheerful most
of the time, they're warriors in a tough fight, but have the faith,
hope, & courage to win!

2. TNT  i've
known this lady from before she started a journal, we were in the
same online weight loss group. she tells about her family life, posts
jokes & poems, & her beliefs, you'll enjoy taking a peek.
 
3. I Shall Overcome  writes about her everyday life, jokes, etc. she also came up with the journal to honor J-Landers who have passed away... J-LAND ANGELS

4. My Day, My Interests 
great photos, you'll love browsing through her journal, it's so
uplifting with the beautiful pics. plus some information on a few of
her posts.

5. My Brain Is In Pain  this
one is AC (adult content) for some of it, & at times controversial,
but he's so funny!!! You'd never know he lives in so much pain, seldom
mentions it. {{}} also, his aunt passed away this week, so leave
condolences please.

6. Me Thinks Too Much  funny
& entertaining as she talks about her day to day life. right now
she has a broken leg, but she doesn't let that get her down! she's like
the energizer bunny, she keeps going!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

And last, but FAR from least...

A fairly popular blog, so many already know of it, but I just had to add it...

7. My Simple Rhymes  like no other blog I read. i love her, she's a sweet online friend. this dear lady in the UK, journals about her life, all in rhyme. you'll love it & her. ;) She's been feeling "down" lately, so give her an uplift by saying HI.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

7 already?
GRRR I could've kept going! So many terrific blogs out there to be
read! Many with lots of followers, & some with only a few. But each with a story!
If
I didn't pick yours, know that I love each of those I read or I
wouldn't read them! But I was only allowed 7, so I chose a few of the
ones that the majority of J-Land might not know about.

Well, there you have it, the powers that be...say only 7, LOL.
What
are you still reading this for? Click on the links above & have fun
reading & making friends! Remember to leave comments & your
link so they can visit you. ;) And give them a "CONGRATS" for being an
Editors Pick!

Have a nice weekend.


25 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I see some of the font type & size got changed! LOL Oh well, hopefully you can all make it out anyway. :)
Have a great weekend everyone.
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being picked for Guest Editor, Sugar, I hope many readers discover the delight that is "you" from reading it :)

Great entry, too....the font looked fine!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being Guest Editor and great picks!! -Missy http://journals.aol.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF

Anonymous said...

Thank you soooo much Sugar! You are so sweet....of course! HA! That "on" picture is too funny. I was trying to install a new audio card tonight & it doesn't have a spot for the cable for my front plug in! Ugh! I just love the store "Sure it will work" and then calling Dell "Sure it will work!" Some computer Geeks...I have to figure it out that it doesn't work! Geez! :-)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Awesome Picks..............
Job Well Done..................
Those are some excellent journals........
Congradulations to all the winners...............

Anonymous said...

congrats on being a guest editor; looks like some great picks!!

Anonymous said...

Well This is a suprize Sugar,Congratulations what a great choice for Guest Editor this week.Love the graphic you are a hoot LOL!!I am so suprized you chose my journal as one of your picks.I would like to say thankyou from the bottom of my heart,that you should say such kind words about me and sorry I have been down lately.Everyone knows thats not Laughing Kath.He-He.I'll be back with my laughs as soon as possible,I hope.Working hard on it .I LOVE YOU  too.As I do all J/Land friends they are the best.Like you and many more here in J/Land we need them.I would also like to thank everyone who has visited my journal in the past for there kind and caring comments, every one of them are so much appreciated.I Wecome any new readers who should pop by.I shall go take a look at your choice picks when the time allows me.All are new to me but for Millie.Thankyou.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sugar!  Thank you for 'highlighting' my little ol' journal.  You are so sweet and thoughtful - ((((Sugar))))

Millie :-)
http://journals.aol.co.uk/millieukgirl/milliesmeanderings/

Anonymous said...

well done sugar great entry and great picks. mrs t xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mleppard06/eternity/

Anonymous said...

Great entry, Sugar, and great journals you highlighted!

Anonymous said...

A big congrats to YOU!!   I'll have to check out your great picks later on.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

YAY....Sugar! :o) I love your picks! You go girl! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Well Done Sugar. Congratulations on being this week's Guest Editor. I will stop by your choices very soon. Love Pam xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pamal3/almost-40/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Well Sugar, thank you for selecting my journal for the Guest Editor pick!  I feel greatly honored to be amongst such lovely people!  Thank you!  

Anonymous said...

Congrats... some great picks here
d

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being Guest Editor, Sugar!!!  I'll visit these all very soon!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

HOW ABOUT JOURNAL IN A FONT THAT human beings CAN READ!

Anonymous said...

Loved your post Sugar, & will check out your picks now.
Nice font by the way. Nice to see something different once in awhile.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being Guest Editor this week. You did a WONDERFUl job! The graphics & font were a special touch.
Have to check out the picks now.
Wendy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I've been away from J-Land for a long time. Came back to record, mainly, planning my fiancee's and my wedding. I'll throw other stuff in it as well, like a hermit crab in a glass shell. Trying to get votes on a wedding dress!

http://journals.aol.com/glopsey/thelovebug

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sugar!  Will be checking out your picks..have a great day!  Hugs,TerryAnn