Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday Blogplugs - 2/29/08

Hey
folks,

A short week for me as I was out with the flu
for a couple of days. Just getting my bearings back. Off we go
blogplugging..

* Indigo
recently found herself needing the "Domestic Violence
Hotline" number to help a friend. She urges you to have it handy and
has badges in her entry
that you can display in your
sidebar.

* Krissy
wants you to know that she is still under
the weather
and hence not able to blog much.

* John's list
of cool
things
starts off with Apollo 11, The Starship Enterprise,
and Star Trek.

* Ken expresses
his views on harassment.


* Sherry is
preparing
for a trip to the hospital and wants to thank everybody for their
support and prayers. She also requested her friends from the weight
loss group to fill-in
during her absence.
 

* Sugar has some furry
notes
that needs to be posted VERY LOW on the refrigerator
door.

* Dan
reviews
the show Lost: The Constant ..Season 4, Episdode
5.

*
Krissy
writes about the games
they played at her husband John's birthday
party.



* Sherry
rants
about parents not seating their kids in the shopping cart and strapping
on the safety belt. In the past, she was witness to a child falling
from the cart and having the ambulance
called.



* Beth
wouldn't trade her home in Nutwood Junction for anything. A
very tranquil reading,
I must say.


* Donna
wants us to know that she has had it with winter and writes
about her attempt to get her car out of her inclined driveway. Not fun!
Please stay warm.


* Guido has
formed a AIM group called J-land
as a further means of communicating within J-land, allows the sending
of group emails etcetera. If you want to be part of this group please
send email to Guido. Details in his entry.

* Donna (this
is a different Donna:)) has some more poetry
for you this week.


* Sherry is
hitting diet
fatigue
and has tips on how to get over
that.


* gifdude
writes
about how he lost 45lbs and gained it all back. He is not a quitter
though, he is trying again. Hope you lose it for good this
time!



Contests R
Us

* Weekly
sentence with Val.
This week's letters were TPIWIS
and the winners are here.


Lights, Camera and
Action!

* Marie's AOL
Community Photo Challenge, winners
for advanced entries
for the subject "Winter
Blues
".


In other
JLand
news...

* This week, JLand lost another
one of its own. Irene, who had been battling
cancer,
succumbed to her illness. She
had a journal called "Meet
Me At The Breakfast Table
".
She will be greatly missed. May her soul rest in
peace. Our deepest condolences to her
family.


*
And finally, one
last item from me. Do you find blogplugs useful? Are people clear on
how blogplugs work? Do you have ideas on how to improve it? Or how to
improve the discovery of other quality journals? The best ideas
generally come from users, hence we are asking you for suggestions.
Please leave your suggestions, if any, in the comments section.


--

Thanks again for the blogplugs
this week.
Don't forget to tag your best entries with
"blogplugs".
If you want to be a Guest Editor or have some
interesting (or useful) blogplugs, send your submissions to
JournalsEditor@aol.com and we'll review
them.


~Vish




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My suggestion for improving it would be to use Magic Smoke as more than just a once a week posting board. Make it an active, fun to visit place and I think folks will return and use the heck out of what you have to offer.

And yeah, I'm still going to pester you about the save/print option. :)

Dan

Anonymous said...

I think Blogplugs are very useful, especially to those who are just starting out. Several months ago, I tried tagging my journal with blogplugs, and I got many more readers than I ever would have gotten on my own. It's also led me to some wonderful journals, via those who have left comments on mine. Since we are an online community, I think it's important to provide a place where new writers can find readers, and I hope that you will continue to feature Friday Blogplugs.

And thanks for including me, by the way!

Beth
http://journals.aol.com/luvrte66/nutwoodjunction/

Anonymous said...

I love the blogplugs.  I go to the journals and read the entries you have highlighted, frequently leaving comments.  I get to meet more people in our AOL blogging community via blogplugs.  I don't know what you could do to improve the discovery of new journals, as we already have blogplugs and Guest Editor Picks.  Both are great tools.  

Thanks for the great blogplugs this week. :)

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Blogplugs are very useful, Vish. I like them :-)

Anonymous said...

I enjoy blogplugs and find them useful, Vish.  Hope you are feeling all better =)!
Hugs, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

Vish,
Sorry to hear you were out sick for a few days...glad you're feeling better now.
TY for the mention. :)
I'll drop by the others & say hi.
Sad to lose our J-Land friend Rene, a wonderful lady, such an inspiration.
Have a good wkend.
Sugar

Anonymous said...

I enjoy blogplugs.  I also like that there is a sentence synopsis -- sometimes I really don't have time for all the journals mentioned, and it lets me prioritize.

Whether you continue with this weekly, or monthly, or whenever (albeit weekly seems like a good timeframe), I think this is helpful and informative.

Anonymous said...

Why on earth do you feature such negative and rude and critical and thoughtless people?  Shouldn't you choose to feature writers and bloggers who motivate and encourage?  Some of your choices are good... some are just plain bad.

Is there any form of standards you have or is it just whoever whenever.

If it is the latter, thats a gross abuse of 'power'.

Amanda