Friday, January 4, 2008

Friday Blogplugs

Hey folks,

I've
got some special blogplugs. Remember to tag your best entries that you
want to be included for blogplugs. Looks like I have a good handful of
plugs:


* I Stand Corrected spills secrets that witty writers use in their works. This is a shared Journal so, there's multiple authors that contribute, too. 

* Williard gives us a dose of his experiences with Brain Tumors. From the treatments to medical reference, he covers it all.

* Dana posted an inspiring video for our military members who couldn't be home during the holidays.

* (Not a blog) AIM Chat has now opened up the Political Caucus Chat. Discuss the results, from Obama to Huckabee and every candidate in between.

* Karen provides her response to the Weekend Assignment #196, regarding the WGA strike and how it affects her as a TV viewer.

* Beth has breaking medical news [satire], which can only be remedied by watching re-runs of "I Love Lucy," "Monty Python's Flying Circus" and "Bugs Bunny" cartoons.

* Val posted her Photo Scavenger Hunt which is due on Sunday, with the subject being "New." You still have time!

* Bucko really dislikes hypocrites. Find out why ...


* Sugar wished everyone a Happy New Year, with a posting seven minutes before the end of last year!
---

Thanks for the variety of the blogplugs this week, Journalers. Also, catch this week's Guest Editor: Krissy. If
you want to be a Guest Editor or have some interesting (or useful)
blogplugs, send your submissions to JournalsEditor@aol.com and we'll
review them.

Have a safe and relaxing weekend!

~ Joseph

Tags: , , ,

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joseph,
TY for the mention. {{}}
Will pop around & check out the others too.
Hope you & the rest of the staff have a lovely weekend, the first w/e in 2008...so make it special! LOL
God bless,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Thanks, will check these out!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hey, I didn't just respond to the Weekend Assignment - I assigned it!  Not only that, but John Scalzi posted his entry in response.  Talk about role reversal!  Thanks, John!

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I will pop along for a wee look. Still very new in J-Land, but totally loving it. Pam xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pamal3/almost-40/

Anonymous said...

Hi !!!!!!!

This is my first time visiting you here at Magic Smoke. I have a blogplug of my own I would like to share. The blogplug is mine and I thought other people would want to visit. Here is my link -----------> http://journals.aol.com/southernmush/DearDiary/

Do feel free to pop in and say hello as well. I hope you will enjoy my blogplug. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I think I asked this once before - but is there any plan in the works to provide a means of saving and printing our journals?

Anonymous said...

Hi slapinions,

We have considered both options:
- Ability to export your journal
 Although, we do not offer a "save" option, we do offer atom feeds, which can be imported by other blog providers. You may not be able to get the comments though.
- Printing your journal
 This is a nice option, but we haven't received too many requests for it, hence it never makes the final cut.

Vish
   

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, I would love to be able to save my blog.  Please consider this possibility.  Maybe you could do a poll or something asking how many people want this feature, or post an entry asking for comments on if we want this feature.  I have wanted it for years, and know many with AOL journals who have as well.  Please consider it.

And speaking of things we want, please keep Open ID in mind.  I would love others in the larger blogosphere to be able to comment in my journal.

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the plug for "I Stand Corrected".  We're having a lot of fun with it!
Lori
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/DustyPages/
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/i-stand-corrected/

Anonymous said...

Here's a post I did re: saving our journals

http://journals.aol.com/slapinions/Slap-Inionscom/entries/2008/01/13/to-all-aol-journalers/2206